Does size really matter? No doubt! Wait, don’t get me wrong. I am talking about the size of your blow dryer. Do you know full-size hair dryer and mini dryers are actually designed for different uses? If you are craving for a lightweight, portable, small-sized mini hair dryer that comes with the most powerful features, then do not close this page.
1. Best 8 Mini Hair Dryers with The Smallest Size
1. BaBylissPRO Nano Mini Travel Dryer
- Nano titanium & ionic technology.
- Ultra-lightweight with dual voltage & 2 heat/speed settings & a folding handle.
- Great for all hair types: thick & coarse hair, fine & thin hair
Size: 5.5 x 2.5 x 6.2 inches
Weight: 9.6 ounces
Babyliss Pro is considered to be one of the most reliable hair dryer brands, and this mini hair dryer is a perfect little tool for portable blowouts. The nano titanium hair dryer, with a foldable handle, it is pretty compact and small for travel.
Its small size allows you to pack it in the luggage easily. Most importantly, it also has a dual voltage button that you can use to make it works on international voltage.
Compared to full-size Babybliss Pro dryers, this mini hair dryer’s wattage is only 1000w.
But, don’t underestimate its performance. With Babyliss special nano titanium and ion technology, it’s definitely one of the powerful mini hair dryers on the market.
2. HOT TOOLS 1875W Ionic Mini Travel Hair Dryer
- Direct ionic technology - frizz protection and faster drying
- 1875 watts - Powerful airflow
- Ceramic emits far-infrared heat to seal the cuticle
- 6 heat/ speed options
Size: 3.6 x 7 x 10.2 inches
Weight: 1.6 pounds
Speaking of Hot Tools, many people don’t know it has a mini hair dryer.
The hair dryer may not be the smallest and lightest one, but it’s surely a high-performance travel-sized blow dryer.
Also, this hair dryer comes with a folding handle so that it is easier to organize. Besides, we say the blow dryer is a powerful one because it is a 1875W travel hair dryer and it even has a cold shot button on its small size.
For travel use, it also comes with a dual voltage setting so you just need to buy a power adapter to travel internationally.
3. Andis 1600-Watt MicroTurbo Mini Hair Dryer
- 1600 Watts of turbo drying power
- Dual voltage for worldwide travel
- Two heat/air settings
- Quiet fan and motor
- Lifeline shock protection
Size: 3.1 x 4 x 9.2 inches
Weight: 1.05 pounds
If you want to talk about size, this Andis is the smallest hair dryer on the planet. The small dryer doesn’t even need a foldable handle to reduce its size.
With a 1600 watt motor, the dryer can offer you decent airflow and you can enjoy a quiet blowout. For people who love traveling, this mini small dryer from Andis also has a dual voltage feature.
In addition, there is a lifeline shock protection feature so that your dryer can stay safe and won’t be hurt by travel bumps.
4. Ovonni Mini 1400w Hair Dryer – The Most Stylish Mini Hair Dryer
- Mini Size for Home Use.
- Contractible Air Outlet Design for More Powerful.
- More Anions Reduce Static and Boost Shine.
- Safety Use for Eco-friendly.
Size: 7.9 x 7.5 inches
Weight: 1.6 pounds
If you prefer a hair dryer that has the latest chic design while with a small size, the Ovonni mini hair dryer can not be missed.
It has an oval-shaped design and it kind of looks like a small version of Dyson Supersonic.
This mini blow dryer is a 1400w travel hair dryer with tourmaline + ceramic + ionic technologies, providing great hair care even on the go.
The model is a mini hair dryer with a styling diffuser and two nozzles. Also, the cold shot button works well and it can be used to style your hair conveniently.
Besides, the dryer’s back filter can be removed easily so that it won’t be blocked by debris, you can clean the dryer easily. Unluckily, this mini dryer, as a travel hair dryer, only works in voltage 110 -150v.
5. The Cheapest Mini Dryer – Revlon 1875W Compact Travel Dryer
- Wattage of this appliance may vary depending on the location of use
- Compact design with folding handle great for travel or your gym bag, also includes Worldwide dual voltage
- IONIC TECHNOLOGY and 3X ceramic coating to reduce frizz and damage
- 3 Heat/2 speed settings and cool shot button for maximum styling control
- Smoothing concentrator attachment included
Size: 4 x 6 x 9 inches
Weight: 1.28 ounces
Looking for a bargain? This Revlon mini travel hair dryer is the cheapest blow dryer that I have ever seen on the market.
But, it is not an inferior knockoff. The hair dryer actually has a powerful 1875 watt motor.
And it is surprisingly well-performance with its 3X ceramic and ionic generator.
To be a great travel helper, Revlon also adds folding design and dual voltage feature to this little tool. The best priced mini dryer of 2020 must be this model.
6. Conair 359N 1600W Mini Compact Hair Dryer
- All the power of a full-size professional hair dryer without the size and weight ~ INFINITIPRO BY CONAIR Mighty Mini Compact Hair Dryer with AC Motor
- AC motor delivers powerful airflow up to 50% faster drying time and 3x longer dryer life
- Ionic technology for smooth, shiny hair and less frizz
- 3 heat / 2 speed settings included on this travel hair dryer provide custom settings for all hair types
- True Cold Shot Button locks in curls, waves, and styles
Size: 3.8 x 7.2 x 11.6 inches
Weight: 1.5 pounds
Without a high price, this Conair Infiniti Pro mini hair dryer can also provide you with a professional salon-grade blowout.
The dryer is designed in a sleek, compact style for easy use & portability.
With the help of its special ion technology, you have no more worries about frizz and flyaways.
You have 2 buttons to control the speeds and heat settings precisely. Plus, it’s a very budget-friendly option as its sale price is less than $20.
7. CHI Tech Mini Ceramic Travel Hair Dryer
- Sleek and lightweight, perfect for travel and on-the-go styling
- 1400W motor for faster dry time
- Ceramic heater to help reduce frizz and static
- Rapid Clean Technology: Blue LED light’s antimicrobial properties offer cleaner air during styling by decreasing bacterial buildup inside the hair dryer.
Size: 11 x 3 x 10 inches
Weight: 1 pound
Chi Tech is the only model that comes with a unique rapid clean technology.
According to their words, their blue LED light’s antimicrobial properties can make the air cleaner and decrease bacterial buildup inside the dryer.
The small dryer itself is a 1400w lightweight model. Coming with a ceramic heater, you can have silky and bouncy hair even on the go. In addition, it is also a dual voltage model that is friendly for travel use.
8. Conair 1600 Watt Compact Mini Hair Dryer
- Compact Travel Hair Dryer: This lightweight travel blow dryer features a folding handle for compact storage, making it easy to pack in a suitcase or carry-on bag or store in a drawer and it only weighs 1 pound
- Travel in Style: Powered by 1600 watts for quick and easy styling of all hair types, this hair dryer features 2 heat/speed settings. With dual voltage, it's perfect for worldwide travel
- Stylish, Lightweight and Ergonomic: With plenty of power and dual-voltage conversion folded into its stylish and ergonomic housing, this styler produces big results with little effort
- Leader in Hair Dryers: From traditional bonnets to hi-tech dryers equipped with cutting-edge technology, Conair has a great selection of hair dryers for every hair type and every hair style
- Conair Hair Care: Since 1959, we have made innovative small appliances, hair styling tools, and more. Our hair care line includes high-quality hair dryers, brushes, styling tools, and hair accessories
Weight: 3 x 4.2 x 7.6 inches
Size: 1.12 ounces
Compared to the last Conair mini hair dryer, this one is the most compact dryer on our list.
You barely can see any fancy things on the outside. The only setting button is hidden on the back of the handle.
Speaking of its size, this Conair dryer is extremely small and mini. With a folding handle, you can easily take it anywhere effortlessly. And the reliable dual voltage feature will not let you down even you are in a country that uses 220v voltage.
2. Why Buy a Small Mini Hair Dryer?
Portable for Travelers
Having problems with packing a bulky full-size hair dryer on the road? That is why you need a mini hair dryer. A small sized hair dryer is more easy to organize and won’t take up much space in your luggage. Besides, they are small and lightweight so that you won’t feel too tired while traveling.
Less Power, Less Damage
Usually, a mini hair dryer can not be very hot because of the limit of their motors’ sizes. If your hair is not very long and thick, a blow dryer with a cute size can be enough to achieve the goal. If the hair dryer does not deliver high heat, you are unlikely to burn your hair accidentally as well.
They are Cheap
Mini hair dryers are much cheaper than a regular blow dryer. Usually, you can get one under $35. Compared with a conventional home-use hair dryer, buying a small mini model is the best option when you plan to purchase a blow dryer for temporary use.
3. Things to Watch Out For Mini Hair Dryer
If you want to buy a dryer model which is perfect for carrying. Besides the size, you should always make sure the model is lightweight enough. A small hair dryer usually comes with a feather-like weight. But that’s not always true, don’t forget to check the tech spec if you don’t want to be bothered by its weight on the road.
To organize or pack a hair dryer, the best design will be a folding handle. If lack of space is your thing, find one that comes with a folding handle. This makes the mini hair dryer as small as possible, then you can save more room for other stuff in your luggage.
Traveling internationally with a regular mini hair dryer is not enough. To get your hair dryer working well in another country that uses a different voltage, you should check out if your hair dryer has a dual voltage feature. Besides, buying a power adapter is also needed.